how much does macy’s thanksgiving day parade cost?
Here are a few highlights:
- 4,000+ Macy’s employees who volunteer on Thanksgiving morning
- ·8,000 people who help put on the Parade
- 17 giant character balloons, 27 floats, and 10,000 parade marchers including 1,000 clowns, 1,100 cheerleaders and dancers and 12 marching banks
- Each float costs between $30,000 to $100,000, and a sponsoring company can expect to pay $190,000 for a new balloon
- $510,000 in helium costs, $138,573 in taxes, $51,33 in logistical coordination and $810,000-$2.7M in float costs